Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex offers a career oriented education in the beauty industry. The school is located in Baltimore, MD, which is in a predominantly residential area. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the cosmetology education provided by Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex for over several years. This school has a comprehensive cosmetology program that trains individuals for entry into the beauty industry as licensed professionals. In addition, Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex also provides a nail technology program, which provides education in nail artistry.
This school graduates about forty-eight students each year, with students graduating with a rate of about 73%. In 2009 the reported default rate of students taking federal student loans to pay the tuition and fees for this school was approximately 6.5%.
Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex provides student services in the form of cosmetology career counseling assistance for current and graduated students and job placement opportunities for graduates in need of employment. City and state licensing procedures may differ, and as such it is recommended students look into getting a license in cosmetology. To learn more and get consumer disclosures, please visit baltimorestudio.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (410) 252-4244.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered on average takes about fifteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $19,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,600*
- 32 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 15 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
The program offered on average takes about four months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $400*
- The length of the program is usually 4 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex is $14,800. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (410) 686-4477. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at Maryland Beauty Academy, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||86%||$3,574|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$4,500|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Baltimore Studio of Hair Design in Hagerstown, MD (8 miles away)
- Robert Paul Academy of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences in Largo, MD (12 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Owings Mills in Midlothian, VA (17 miles away)
- International Beauty School - Bel Air in Columbia, MD (17 miles away)
- Hair Academy Inc - New Carrollton in Baltimore, MD (33 miles away)
- Montgomery Beauty School in Towson, MD (35 miles away)
- Bennett Career Institute in Highland Heights, OH (38 miles away)
- Hair Expressions Academy in Hammond, LA (40 miles away)